The Sales and Marketing Unit coordinates and manages all commercial activities of the City Government of Monrovia this functions includes but not limited to the following:
- Rental of Hall
- Collect new information on advertisement and updating registry or database regularly;
- Undertaking assessment of bill boards and other advertising permit request for revenue billing by the Revenue Unit;
- Demarcating the city into revenue zones and developing codes for classification/identification and tracking of individual bill boards, etc.
- Receiving clients request for buying of/rental of advertising spaces and process same;
- Maintaining directory of advertising firms/companies/agencies;
- Selling advertising spaces to businesses, advertising agencies, NGOs, etc.
- Assisting businesses develop their advertising plan
- Supervising the erection of bill boards/sky signs
- Regulating the types of advertisement being published
To ensure that the above functions and responsibilities are delivered, there are two key sections constituted under the Sales and Advertising Unit: Services Coordination and Inspectorate