Guests Services unit ( GSU) envisions a Monrovia City Corporation ( MCC) that is hospitable , warm welcoming and people centered , providing the information needs of guests/ Visitors , residents , clients / Customers visiting or residing in Monrovia and wishing to transact business with the Monrovia City Corporation through Hall/ Facilitates rental , partnerships , Tourism, etc.
Purpose of the Department
The Guests Services Unit (GSU)takes the lead in the receiving and welcoming guests/ Visitors to the Monrovia City Corporation , Informing them on issues of concerns to them and serving them through MCC’s hospitality through regular touring of the MCC’s facilitates and reception during programs .
Functions of the Unit
- Develop operational plans/ policies / strategies and mechanisms for executing functions as they relate to events planning , protocol and entertainment .
- To welcome guests that comes to the Monrovia City Corporation .
- To entertain staffs /guests during events at the MCC.
- Conduct regular inspections and monitoring of the facilities to ensure cleanliness and preparedness for rental or event use .
- To ensure that the Central TV /Music system is functional at all times and kept safe at the end of each working day/event .
- To develop procedure for Hall booking / Rental
- To respond to guest inquires
- Ensure supplies are placed in rest rooms/ toilets
- Receive and serve Mayor’s guests
- Take guests on a tour of the facilities / City- such as parks / Recreational sites, etc owned or operated by the MCC
- Change flowers and water flowers in lobby
- Usher during events at MCC
- Identify missing items and report same ,
- Receive communication and dispatch same to respective departments , etc
Structure of the Department
To ensure that the above functions and responsibilities are delivered , two key section are constituted under guests services Unit and various jobs ( Positions ) organized under it . The Unit is headed by an ‘ Officer’ while the section under the officer are headed by ‘ Supervisors ‘.
The Two sections are :
- Hospitality Services
- Information Services