The Human Resource Department envisions MCC’s with a diverse. Qualified , healthy , result oriented and value driven workforce , committed and striving towards the mission of MCC.
Purpose of the Department The Human Resource Department plays a key role in developing and administering a cost- effective and results – oriented human resource programs , policies , services , and practices . The Department shall actively implement the HR policies , manage the human resource development process and maintain an up-to date human resource information system . The Department shall strive to promote MCC as reputed employer through robust recruitment , orientation , training and performance management processes and works towards ensuring a favorable work culture . The Department is guided by and acts under the power vested by
- MCC Regulation No. 01/011/ 2009 establishing the Human Resource Department
- MCC’s Human Resource Policy (2011) labor law of Liberia
- Civil Service Agency – Standing orders and the International Labor Regulations
Function of the Department
- To ensure that MCC has clear , appropriate and workable policies and procedures for all aspects of employment and volunteering .
- To ensure that MCC’s policies and procedures comply with legal requirements , and are up-dated to comply with changes in the labor law of Liberia .
- To ensure all the process and practices in MCC compliance with MCC HR Policy and other regulations .
- To ensure that job descriptions for all positions/levels are developed and timely updated to enable workers to understand their duties and responsibilities and deliver it accordingly .
- To ensure all staff , whether paid or voluntary are properly recruited , inducted , supervised , trained and supported
- To play an intermediary role between staff and management , facilitating HR actions such as disciplinary actions and grievances .
- To oversee staff welfare issues in terms of medical and personal accident insurance .
- To support the Directors/ Managers / Supervisors to undertake their HR Functions such as disciplinary and other HR actions .
- To manage the performance appraisal system of MCC.
- To facilitate the remuneration and benefit administration.
- To develop , maintain , and manage an up to date Human Resource Information System .
Structure of the Department To ensure that the above functions and responsibilities are delivered , two key sections are constituted under the Human Resources Department and the various jobs( Positions) organized under it . The Department is headed by the ‘ Director’ and the sections are headed by ‘ Managers’.
The two sections/ Units are :
- HR Policy Compliance section
- Performance Management Section